Top Ways to Find Work in 2009
Economists are predicting that 2009 will be one of the worst economic years since the Depression. If you are a person looking for work it will be vitally important to build new relationships (Networking) and promote your skills and abilities for assignments (Freelancing). Here are some ways that may help:
- Networking: Try networking online and in person at industry associations, social websites, Church, Alumni organizations and other groups.
- Find Freelance/consulting opportunities on Guru.com, Craigslist and other websites
- Volunteering allows you to network with people who are working in companies of interest and help those in greater need. Here are some ideas: American Cancer Society, Lupus Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Liver Foundation and many other non- profits.
- Temporary assignments: Many companies will use temporary help for special projects or situations such employees on leave.
- Start your own business: Greek philospher Plato said “Necessity is the mother of invention” You can still create your own job in America.