5 Critical Questions You Must Ask Before Pursuing Green Certifications,Degrees Or Training
What You Need to Know Before You Invest In A Certifcation, Degree or Training Program
There are hundreds of employment scams, unaccredited training and college degree programs offering the promise of a new job in green industries to those who are in need. As a consumer and job seeker, you need a way to research opportunities to make sure you take the path that is right for your career. This article and radio show appearance is purposed to give job seekers tools to help them make informed decisions before they invest their hard earned money into a certification, college or green program.
Here are 5 Critical Questions From “Is It Worth The Green?”
- How will this certification, degree or training benefit me now? In 3 years or 5 years?
- Is there an established network of alumni and employers who actively use and seek others with these credentials?
- What are the future job prospects for people with these skills sets?
- Are there continuing education credits or professional development courses?
- Are there job opportunities in my local or desired location?
What You Should Do
- Seek out free or low cost materials which will help make an informed decision.
- Develop a plan to research the certifications, degrees or training you want.
- Consult with a trusted friend or advisor who is informed about your target industry.
If you follow these steps, they will help you discover new opportunities; make an informed decision and avoid spending money on the wrong thing.