Job Alert: Global Environmental Health & Safety Director
Hinton Human Capital, an emerging leader in executive search in Climate Change, Environmental and Infrastructure industries is now searching for a Global EH&S Director for an North Carolina based international manufacturing company. Ideal candidate will have at least 10-15 years of demonstrated experience in EH&S field; 3-5 years in corporate/global leadership position in a process manufacturing environment with a company(ies) with Multi-billion dollar revenues plus the following skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in connecting EH&S initiatives to overall company strategy and organization effectiveness utilizing effective change management techniques.
- Demonstrated experience providing global leadership, strategy and direction integrating Environment Health & Safety (EH&S) policies, programs and processes in support of operational excellence and profitability.
- Possess Subject matter expertise with OSHA, EPA and other regulations and standards
- Provide tactical assurance of compliance with all laws, statutes, regulations and appropriate standards at all locations.
- Develop and maintain global vision and policies in EH&S including “best in class processes”, audits and metrics to achieve the policy objectives. Provides assurance that all personnel at all locations and levels have the necessary understanding of, training on and remain in compliance with the policies and processes.
- Bachelors degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field
- Masters degree preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- Six Sigma green belt preferred
- Success working collaboratively with leaders and employees at all levels in a complex cross-functional/cultural environment.
- Communication skills (oral, written and presentation) well developed including listening, inquiry and persuasion